As digitalization has taken over, companies are striving to build platforms where users can easily interact. For businesses, showcasing their brand and product while enhancing both functionality and design can prove to be a challenge. That’s where UX dives in by understanding the client’s needs thus providing a meaningful interaction. As such, features like drag and drop can make all the difference for billions of users.
First things first, what is User Experience (UX)?
Before tackling what exactly is drag and drop, let’s get an insight into UX and its benefits. Overall, UX or User Experience refers to all of the aspects of how a customer interacts with a business and its product. Whether it’s through an app or website, UX encompasses elements regarding technology, design, development, and branding.
By focusing on the client’s perspective, acquiring services is no longer a simple transaction, but a journey. All in all, user experience (UX) aims toward:
- Enhancing the client’s journey by fulfilling their specific needs and demands.
- Breaking into a new potential market through a strong online presence.
- Incorporating all brand elements into a functional and accessible platform.
- Building long-term relationships with customers by providing valuable content.
- Opting for function without compromising quality, as it is a key for thriving in an ever-demanding and growing market.
Why is UX essential for every business?
Whether it’s a startup or a long-established business, UX helps navigate a competitive market by ensuring customer satisfaction.
Now, does this mean the company’s shift to a digital approach needs to start from scratch? Of course not! With high demand, solutions regarding the app’s development are available through platform services like a low code platform. In addition to a well-planned and high-quality strategy, here are 3 more reasons why UX is necessary for today’s industry:
- UX customizes interactions through audience-oriented research which allows companies to fully comprehend what their client is looking for.
- This process strategizes the business’s valuable assets and turns them into platform specifics, therefore increasing leads and sales.
- It encourages customers to engage with the brand’s identity by addressing their struggles and priorities.
Onto the topic, what is drag and drop?
This is a feature that allows users to select any desired element and release it right into the intended location. Whether it’s a touch screen or a traditional display, clients can just “drop” any virtual item with a hand movement.
Moreover, as it can be applied to text or visuals, it’s a straightforward alternative to traditional approaches like copy-and-paste. From filling out forms to using social media, this function is both practical and time-saving for users in any situation. When employed correctly, this feature’s advantages center around:
- An easy and accessible navigation thanks to its simplicity.
- Instantly manageable items that any user can handle.
- A quick and effective method for file, video, or image uploading.
Drag and drop for UI… it’s all about design
What frames a high-quality design? According to four of Dieter Rams’ ten principles for good design, it should be innovative, useful, aesthetic, and understandable.
These same principles can be applied to drag-and-drop design through a series of visual elements. Just like non-verbal language, such a feature calls for subtle signals that indicate where the user’s attention should be focused. Some design cues include the following:
How to make drag and drop accessible for users?
Particularly for drag and drop, this visual aid should focus on establishing a precise and direct interaction amongst users.
Think of it this way, the user’s time on the website should always be optimal while enjoying the experience. No one wants to spend too much time on an app that they don’t understand at all. What the customer needs to identify both quickly and easily involve:
- Clickable elements.
- Selected items.
- The drop zone.
Simplicity, functionality, and design: that’s all drag and drop is about.